This is a gorgeous buffet- the decor, the presentation of the food, the comfortable seating it was all really nice. We were very tired from the long night before so it was hard for us to get the full enjoyment of what was offered to us. We started off with yummy mimosas! Sadly, even though everything looked beautiful and delicious not everything tasted that great. I still highly recommend this buffet.
Out of all the times I’ve eaten at Serendipity I’ve never had the Brunch. We ended up sitting out doors and freezing our asses off, but they eventually turned on the heaters which was really nice. We started off with our frozen hot chocolates (a must lemme tell ya). My favorite is the white chocolate frozen hot chocolate!!!! Then we ended up sharing the Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict and a pizza. The crab cakes were awesome! I wasn’t a big fan of the pizza, I didn’t really like the crust or the fact that it was drenched in sauce. Everyone needs to try serendipity 3, if not for their food, at least for their desserts :)
In my last post I mentioned briefly how my Saturday evening in Vegas was spent waiting for my friends husband to get admitted at the hospital. First off it really sucked spending a big chunk of my vacation doing this. Secondly it took the stupid hospital over 6 hours to admit the guy. A little word of advice… avoid the emergency room as much as possible try doing urgent care instead.
The day started off great. We ate at Serendipity, one of my favorite restaurants, then we headed off to South Point Casino. We planned to play a few games of BINGO (never tried it before this trip but it’s really fun) with my friends mom- we ended up only playing one game before the phone calls started rolling in from Sarah’s husband Sam. This is where it started to go down hill. Because Sarah had a little too much to drink I had to drive them to the emergency room. Being that I was their ride I had to wait…. and wait… and wait… until I couldn’t wait any longer because I started to fall asleep.
Sarah finally got into the car and I dropped her off to her kids. Then driving back to my hotel I encountered 3 accidents within 2 miles of each other. It took me over an hour to get back to the hotel. So here I am, the chauffeur, falling asleep behind the wheel, experiencing road rage on a whole nother level, having an emotional breakdown because all I can think about is how I just want to hop the next flight home. Basically it was a total nightmare.
Hi everyone! I’m finally back from my little vacay. I say finally because this trip was one NOT worth taking lol. I didn’t get to do a lot of what I wanted, loss a lot of money and spent almost my whole Saturday evening at the emergency room waiting for my friends husband (don’t worry he’s fine) to get admitted. I’ll post all about it tomorrow so stay tuned.
Oh, and the cherry on my little sundae is that I caught a virus (I think I have the flu) and am totally sick. I have body aches, a cough, sneezing and a sore stomach. Tomorrow I will know for sure after my doctors appt.
On a positive note… I’m so happy to be back home with my family. I missed my kids sooo much. It’s really hard to be on vacation when your kids are so far away from you, especially at night when it’s time to sleep. It was so nice to cuddle up in my comfortable bed with my daughter.
Hi guys!!! Guess where I’m visiting today? I’ll be taking a flight and visiting New York, Venice, Paris, Monte Carlo and even Egypt!!! I can’t wait to see the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, Pyramids and the Grand Canal!!! Ok, ok, so I’m not going to those actual places but I am going to see models of these wonderful places in…. Las Vegas Baby!!!
I’m sooo excited for this short little trip that I’m about to set out on. I was a little nervous because I couldn’t find anyone to join me- but one of my best friends just moved up there this past year and she actually was able to take vacation from her job and will be with me the entire time. I’m so grateful that her husband is okay with it being that they have 5 kids. He and Kahele are in the same boat being single fathers this weekend. Lol! We haven’t really made any set plans yet, but I do know that I want to visit the Neon Museum as well as the Titanic Exhibit at Luxor. We plan to see a show (don’t know which one yet), eat at some unique restaurants and hopefully win a
l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ lot :). I would be so appreciative if you all can give me some suggestions of some cool hidden treasures that you may have come across while there that would be worth me trying out. I have my favorites like The Sugar Factory, Serendipity and Jean-Philippe! Can you tell I have a major sweet tooth? But I really do want to try some new things. So yes, I’m open to all suggestions!
Hi guys! So today I thought it would be fun to share a post about my favorite drug store beauty products. I don’t get really adventurous about drugstore beauty products just because I am a huge fan of companies like Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, MAC and a couple more of the higher end products. I think a lot of it is due to the fact that places like Sephora, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus and MAC focus on letting the customer really get in there and have fun trying on all their products while drug stores don’t. It’s hard to walk into a drug store and actually apply the product to see how you like it. But there are a few products that I purchase routinely from the drugstore because I do use them a lot. As you’ll see from the picture I did not include a foundation- It’s because I have never found a foundation that matches my skin tone. I did however buy two shades in Revlon Colorstay foundation that worked well, but it was just stupid for me to do that when I have my Makeup Forever foundation that I love. Some things you just have to splurge on So without further ado….
1. Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo “On and On Bronze” Eyeshadow $7
2. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Dramatic Volume Building Mascara Carbon Black $9
3. Revlon – Ultra HD Lip Lacquer, HD “Petalite” – $8
4. Rimmel Kate Most Lasting Finish in “08”- $16
5. NYX felt liner $10
6. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush “Rose Petal”- $8
7. Real Techniques expert face brush $9
8. Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser $11
9. Ecotools Kabuki Retractable Brush-$8
10. Almay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads- $6
11. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow “Amber Rush”- $8
I can’t stand being on a plane in an uncomfortable seat for a long duration, so it’s so important for me to carry on some things that will make me as comfortable as possible and also help the trip go by a little quicker. These are some of the things that help me out…
1. An Ipad! Seriously this is the best thing ever for a plane ride. You can upload movies, books, music and games all on this device.
2. Earbuds. Beats are great because when you have them in they’re great at canceling outside noises.
3. Hydroflask. I love the hydrofask because things stay cold or hot for hours. You can go to Starbucks and order your favorite drink and it’ll stay hot or cold during your plane ride.
4. Sweater and socks. I get really cold on a plane (especially my feet) so I need a really warm sweater and some fluffy socks.
5. Neck Pillow and Eye Mask- I really can’t fall asleep on a plane but I take these just in case I start to doze off. They also provide comfort on those uncomfortable chairs.
6. Iphone Charger or Portable Battery. I always take both because I’m constantly using my IPad during the plane ride and my phone before the plane ride. Just to be safe I have my portable battery ready as a backup.
7. Lip Balm- My lips always get chapped.
8. Gum- You never know if you’ll sit by someone who wants to hold a conversation. You may even need to offer them one.
9. Snacks- I love these dehydrated sliced bananas that you can get at Wholefoods or Down to Earth. I also love these little packets of Nutella. Chocolate covered bananas… Yummy!