I can’t believe in exactly 1 week it will be Christmas day! I have so much to do still. Every time I think that I’m almost done Christmas shopping I realize that I forgot someone. This morning I remembered that I have to buy my kids teachers something by tomorrow because it’s their last day of school. So here are some cool gift ideas that I found for teachers.
Are you like me in the sense that every time you watch a movie and hear a song you like you either write it down or Shazam it so that you can download it later? I do it constantly. Most movies have one or two good songs, but then there are those movies that you just know you’re going to purchase the entire soundtrack as soon as it comes out. Here are some of my favorite soundtracks that I’ve come across. I added some sound-bars for your entertainment. I’d love to hear of some of your favorite soundtracks.
Kissing You- Des’ree/ Lovefool- The Cardigans/ Young hearts run free- Kym Mazelle
Exhale-Whitney/ Why does it hurt so bad- Whitney/ Let it flow- Toni Braxton/ Sittin up in my room- Brandy/ Kissing you- Faith Evans/ Count on me- Whitney & Cece Winans
Brand new key- Melanie/ Spill the wine- Eric Burdon/ Magnet & Steel- Walter Egan/ Sister Christian- Night Ranger/ God only knows- The Beach Boys
Cry to me- Solomon Burke/ These arms of mine- Otis Redding/ Stay- Marice Williams/ Do you love me- The Contours/ Hungry eyes- Eric Carmen/ She’s like the wind- Patrick Swayze
Love hurts- Nazareth/ Low rider- War/ Tuesdays Gone- Lynyrd Skynyrd/ Why can’t we be friends- War/ Summer Breeze- Seals & Crofts/ Slow ride- Foghat/ Hurricane- Bob Dylan
Everyday people- Sly & the family stone/ ABC- Jackson 5/ Ooh, child- Five Stairseps/ People make the world go round- Marc Dorsey/ Respect Yourself- The staple singers
Goodbye yellow brick road- Elton John/ Live and let die- Wings/ How can you mend a broken heart- Bee Gee’s/ Don’t leave me this way- Harold Melvin/ A horse with no name- America
Hold me now- Wayne Wonder/ Love Song- 311/ Slave to love- Elan Atias/ Every breath you take- UB40/ Breakfast in bed- Nicole Kea/ True- Will. I. Am & Fergie
Signed, Sealed Delivered- Stevie Wonder/ Daydream believer- The monkees/ I’m gonna make you love me- Diana Ross/ Band of gold- Freda Payne/ These boots- Nancy Sinatra/ Knock three times- Tony Orlando/ Sugar, sugar- The Archies
The trouble with love- Kelly Clarkson/ Here with me- Dido/ Sweetest goodbye- Maroon 5/ Song Bird- Eva Cassidy/ Take me as I am- Wyclef
Hooked on a feeling- Blue Swede/ Spirit in the sky- Norman Greenbaum/ Fooled around and fell in love- Elvin Bishop/ I’m not in love- 10cc/ Come and get your love- Redbone/ Escape- Rupert Holmes
If you ever did believe- Stevie Nicks/ This kiss- Faith Hill/ A case of you- Joni Mitchell/ Always on my mind- Elvis Presley/ Coconut- Harry Nilsson
Hello it’s me- Todd Rundgren/ Air that I breathe- The Hollies/ Alone again- Gilbert O’Sullivan/ Come Sail- Styx
Yesterday I surprised the kids with a gingerbread house after school. We went home and they saw it sitting there on the counter and the two little ones were jumping around with excitement. They quickly started their homework because they know that homework always comes before fun. Once they were done I let them get started.
Cass from http://www.casssbeauty.wordpress.com did this Christmas Tag and I was so excited to jump on board- I just love doing Tags it helps to learn about the blogger on a more personal level. So here we go….
1. What is your favorite Christmas Movie? There are so many but I would have to say that my favorite would be Home Alone 2. It’s a tradition that on Christmas morning we have Home Alone 1 and 2 playing while we open our gifts. It wouldn’t feel like Christmas without it.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas? No :( I live in Hawaii and come from a very large family, so being away for Christmas never happens. I someday would love for my whole family to rent cabins in Lake Tahoe so that we could all experience a white Christmas.
3. Where do you usually spend your holidays? I’m always home during the holidays, flights are usually really expensive at that time. We do however vacation during February which is pretty close to the holidays.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song? “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” whenever I hear that song I imagine everything that is being sung.
5. When do you open your Christmas gifts? We have a tradition that we open gifts at my grandparents home on Christmas Eve and I allow my children to open one gift at home at midnight- then on Christmas morning we’ll open the rest at home.
6. Can you name all of Santas’ Reindeer? Alright I’m going to guess without google-ing this or looking as Cass’ answer. Here it goes- Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid….and of course Rudolph. I have no idea of the rest…. embarrassing lol. Google here I come.
7. Do you have a real or fake Christmas Tree? I have a fake Christmas tree. Here in Hawaii trees can be costly and over the years I just found that fake trees are so much easier. Here’s a pic.
8. What is the best gift you have ever received? Disneyland tickets!!!! I was in 6th grade and it was my very first trip to Disneyland.
9. Have you ever re-gifted a gift? Yes I have. I know it’s terrible, but I’ll only re-gift if I know that the gift is something the other person will like more than I do.
10. What is your dream place to visit during the holidays? I would love to visit New York during the holidays. Especially on Thanksgiving to watch the parade.
11. Are you a Pro or do you epically fail at wrapping gifts? I hate wrapping gifts, but I must say that I’m pretty good at it. I learned this Japanese technique which uses less wrapping paper. Here’s an example:
12. What makes the Holidays so special to you? Around the holidays I really get the opportunity to reconnect with my entire family. You experience unconditional love.
Well there you have it! I now tag you!!!! Leave a comment so that I can visit your site and read your post.
I haven’t been to this shop in sooo long. I remember when I was in high school and the “70’s” style came back- I would go to this store because they sell a lot of vintage clothing and accessories. While I was walking around today I came across the Kalakaua location and decided to check it out. It’s just as I remembered it. If you’re ever in Waikiki you must stop by this little hole in the wall.
I’ve said this before… I’m not a fan of Hello Kitty. But I could not pass up buying this palette. First off it was on sale for $26 which is half off from it’s original price. Second, the pigmentation of these colors are amazing I swatched these and couldn’t believe how nice the color came out without any base. This was such a steal- I’m still deciding who’s gonna be the lucky one to get this gift for Christmas.