Macaroni Grill’s Wild Mushroom flatbread is an absolute must whenever we eat there. The goat cheese along with the flavors of the herbs and mushrooms make the perfect starter to any meal. Here’s a recipe that comes pretty close to MG’s. Super simple and die-licious.
- 1 ball Nugget’s pizza dough, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and more for garnish
- 4 oz. mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, stripped and torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, stripped
- 8 oz. assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned and cut
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- extra virgin olive oil (garnish)
Cut dough into 2 equal pieces.
Roll out into 1/4” thickness
Grill flatbreads on both sides in a preheated grill pan.
To a hot sauté pan, add a little olive oil, and shallots. Sauté until just beginning to color. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook through.
Scatter mozzarella over the flatbreads. Add cooked mushrooms over flatbreads. Dot with goat cheese.
Heat in a 400ºF oven until hot.
Drizzle olive oil and garnish with herbs